A Display of Quilts from the Dorchester Arts Center Samplers Quilt Guild
April - May 2000
- Fish Quilt - Janet Curran Crawford
- This quilt is a beauty to behold from both sides. The bright colors and
the flip-able gills lend a real three dimensional quality to the wall hanging.
Close observation will show beads sewn on for eyes, whales stitched around th border
and beautiful sand dollars, crabs and other nautical creatures quilted
into the white background.
- Holiday Table Runner - Janice Ewell
- At the March 2nd meeting of the guild, Marcia Cada taught the group how to make
reversible table runners. Participants were asked to select coordinating fabrics
and then learn to stitch through the batting while machine sewing both sides
of the square.
- Little Bit of Everything - Virginia Stine
- This quilt is completely hand stitched. It has a scalloped edge and all
of the flowers are embroidered on top of the quilting.
- Starry Paths - Janet Curran Crawford
- This queen sized quilt was machine pieced in 1996 and hand quilted in 1997.
Mrs. Crawford saw the design in a quilt shop with different colors and had to try
it for herself.
- Amish Wedding Ring - Audrey Young
- A traditional pattern in traditional colors
1-5 6-10 11-15 16-20 21-22